Hydropavers Stain Solutions for your pavers
Hydropavers are great Permeable Pavers to use for any paving needs. You don’t have to worry about them getting stained or messy by accidents with our handy guide!
Sometimes nature takes it course and the elements and nasty gunk get stuck to pavers. We’ve found some measures that help prevent these problems becoming permanent blemishes on the hardscaping. It might be a spilt drink, rust, or even chewing gum, we’ve tried to provide solutions for cleaning all issues! Keep reading!
Cleaning permeable pavors methods
Here is a list of problems and solutions:
- Dirt Grit: Try cleaning with a broom, if that doesn’t work try dipping a scrubbing brush 0.2%-0.5% sodium phosphate solution and rub the problem area gently
- Water stains and sludge: Wash with high pressure water first, a secondary measure is to dip a scrubbing brush into diluted (20/1) hydrochloric acid and rinse the area with water
- Rust: A oxalic acid as a solvent cleaning will help budge this stubborn stain
- Chewing Gum: Sprinkle salt and water on the gum residue, this will harden it, and then gently scrape it off
- Grease, Oil or Ashphalt: Use kertone, ethyl ketone, or toluene to erase these problems, then wipe dry with a cloth
- Animal dung: Try spraying this away with water, if there is still residue, you can try using a neutral detergent with water
- Coating, Latex Paint, Paint: To get rid of paint related stains use a neutral detergent as a first call, progressing to a strong acid as a detergent
If you have a potential staining problem, please feel free to call us and ask for advise!